Your lectors can renew their enthusiasm about their ministry and become more effective in their proclamation of God's word at your parish through the Audrey Sommers' Lector Speech Workshop Program, "Bringing God's Word to Life."
The workshop, developed by Ms. Sommers for the Archdiocese of Detroit, has proven for many years to be an inspirational and result-oriented program for lectors who have participated in the lector training program.
The interactive workshop helps lectors improve their vocal skills so that they are effective proclaimers of God's word. The lector training program includes instruction on:
- Diaphragmatic breathing techniques
- Articulation and word emphasis exercises
- Vocal quality
- Proper delivery of readings
- Effective pausing within readings
- Mood and tone of readings
- Understanding the texts/meaning of the readings
- Liturgical dimension of the ministry
- Preparing for the ministry spiritually
- Projection/microphone/eye contact techniques
- Lector attire/appearance
- Lector ministry concerns/questions
During video playbacks, your readers can hear and see their proclamations. A short critique session follows with a Christian-like group discussion on the good points of the lector’s reading, as well as areas where the reader may improve.